Parks & Recreation


Sibley County owns 3 parks;  Clear Lake Park, High Island Creek Park and Rush River Park.  Sibley County Public Works maintains Clear Lake Park and High Island Creek Park.  For questions regarding these two parks, please contact Public Works at (507) 237-4092.  Rush River is maintained by The Friends of Rush River, which is a group of private citizens who voluntarily care for the park.  For questions regarding this park, please contact Tom Bender at (507) 248-3230.


Paper form camping permits are no longer required by Sibley County.  However, you MUST contact the Sibley County Sheriff's Office at (507) 237-4330 to obtain permission for overnight camping.

Click here for the Sibley County Park Ordinance