is granted, assigned, transferred or otherwise conveyed.
Deed tax applies against the net consideration
The tax amount is determined by multiplying .0033 times the consideration amount.
If the considerations is $500.00 or less, the minimum deed tax is $1.65.
The deed tax must be paid at the time of recording the document.
|Deeds subject to Deed Tax:||Deeds exempt from Deed Tax:|
- Warranty Deeds
- Quitclaim Deeds
- Deeds to set up Joint Tenancy or Tenancy in
- Deeds to Terminate Joint Tenancy or Tenancy in
- Deeds for the Exchange of Property
- Deeds in Lieu of Foreclosure
- Deeds for the Assignment fo Sheriff's Certificate
- Deeds for the Sale from an Estate by a Personal
- Deeds conveying ownership by Eminent Domain
- Deeds for Gifted Property
- Corrective Deeds
- Deeds for Severed Mineral Rights
- Deeds for Standing Timber
- Certificates of Redemption: Creditors
- State Deeds for Tax-Forteited Land
- Deeds to or from the federal government of any
agency or instrumentality thereof
- Deeds between the parties to a marriage
dissolution pursuant to the terms of the
- Deeds conveying a cemetery lot or lots.
- Deeds by a personal representative distributing
the decedent's property according to the terms
of the will or probate court order.
- Deeds between co-owners partitioning their
undivided interest in the same piece of property.
- Deeds or other instrument of conveyance
issued pursuant to a permanent school fund
land exchange under M.S. 92.121 and related
- Deeds or other instrument which grants,
creates, modifies, or terminates an easement