WIC - Women, Infants, and Children
WIC is the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children. It is a program from the U.S. Department of Agriculture that helps those who need extra nutrition by using food produced by farmers. WIC provides healthy foods and nutrition information to eligible individuals.
The program serves:
- Pregnant, breastfeeding, and postpartum women
- Children up to the age of 5
WIC participants receive:
- Nutritious foods like milk, cheese, cereal, eggs, and juice
- Breastfeeding information and support
- Infants who are partially or not breastfed may receive iron-fortified formula
- Nutrition and health information
- Referrals to health and social service
To participate in our WIC Program, please call our office at (507) 237-4000.