County Service Updates
COVID-19 – COUNTY UPDATES
As the impacts of COVID-19 continue in our community, Sibley County is committed to informing the residents of any possible changes to service. Below is a list of departments, their availability and alternatives if necessary.
- County Connection Clubhouse - Closed as of 3/20/2020 until further notice
- Sibley County Day Activity Center (DAC) - Closed until futher notice
- WIC participants - You will receive a phone call from WIC staff at their scheduled time to complete your WIC appointment. WIC staff is available by phone only, and participants are NOT to come to the clinic. If the current scheduled appointment time does not work, or if you have questions, please contact the Sibley County WIC clinic at 507-237-4000.
- Veteran Services - NO face to face visits, only phone or email appointments. Please contact 507-237-4090 or via email at email@example.com
- Service Center - If you or someone in your household is sick, please stay home. All visitors are encouraged to call prior to visiting. A PHHS employee may be able to assist you via phone. New applications and program information continue to be available online. Please use the Drop Box and Public Assistance Applications cabinet outside of the PHHS entrance when possible. Following the CDC and MDH guidelines, many PHHS employees will continue to work remotely, therefore, workers will not be available for face to face visits. As of May 18th, a maximum capacity of 4 visitors will be allowed in the lobby, as to adhere with social distancing recommendations. If exceeded, visitors will be asked to wait outside. Visitors should come alone when possible. You may be asked to complete paperwork or applications outside of the building and return them when completed.
- Assessor’s Office – Please visit the Assessor’s Office webpage for more information on the new process for property inspections regarding the 2020 Reassessment.
- Courts – OPEN Court Administration will continue with scheduled cases ONLY! For pending cases please check with Court Administration to confirm placement in the schedule
- Court Administration - Court documents from self-represented litigants will be accepted via alternative means, such as:
- US Postal Mail: PO Box 867, Gaylord, MN 55334
- Fax at 507-237-4062 (Please note, fax filing fees may apply)
- Email at: 1stSibleyTraffic@courts.state.mn.us
- e-Filing (See www.mncourts.gov/selfhelp for information pertaining to e-Filing, Guide & File and court forms)
- For emergency filings such as restraining orders, please call 507-237-4058 for immediate assistance during our regular business hours (8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.)
- Self-represented litigants may also contact the Statewide Self-Help Center at 651-435-6535 or for information or assistance regarding legal services and procedures.”
- Licensing Center – Open to the public effective May 18th, with limited hours of 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM with only four clients in the waiting area at a time, overflow will be asked to wait outside. Driver’s license renewals will be done by appointment only, to make an appointment call 507-237-4068. Sibley County encourages the continued use of the outdoor dropbox or mail-in (Po Box 256 Gaylord MN 55334) for transactions that do not require additional contact. With either option you need to provide your insurance information, return address, phone number and your renewal notice. If you do not have your renewal notice, please use the attached form here. New applications and program information are available online. Please call 507-237-4068 if you have questions or concerns.
- Sibley County DOC/Court Services Clients -
- All in person Reporting Days that are held in the Sibley County DOC/Court Services office are suspended until further notice. Please call your agent to check in on your scheduled reporting date at 507-237-4097 in lieu of an office visit.
- Modified jail visitation schedule – No public visitation until further notice
- Fully operational during its normal hours of operation from 6:30am to 5:30pm on weekdays. The buses are cleaned and disinfected regularly to protect the public and to provide customers with a pleasant experience. Rides can be scheduled by calling 1-888-743-3828 between 6:00am and 6:00pm on weekdays.
- Saturday, April 18th – Household hazardous waste collection in St. Peter from 9 to 2 is canceled.
- Thursday, May 7th – Household hazardous waste collection in Montgomery from 10 to 4 is canceled.
- Thursday, May 14th – Household hazardous waste collection in Arlington from 10 to 4 is canceled.
- Information regarding Tire/Electronics/Appliances collections will be posted when available.