County Service Updates
COVID-19 – COUNTY UPDATES
As the impacts of COVID-19 continue in our community, Sibley County is committed to informing the residents of any possible changes to service. Below is a list of departments, their availability and alternatives if necessary.
- County Connection Clubhouse - Closed as of 3/20/2020 until further notice
- Sibley County Day Activity Center (DAC) - Closed until futher notice
- WIC participants - You will receive a phone call from WIC staff at their scheduled time to complete your WIC appointment. WIC staff is available by phone only, and participants are NOT to come to the clinic. If the current scheduled appointment time does not work, or if you have questions, please contact the Sibley County WIC clinic at 507-237-4000.
- Veteran Services - NO face to face visits, only phone or email appointments. Please contact 507-237-4090 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Service Center - Closed to the public. New applications and program information are available online. Clients are able to turn in documents using the drop box on the outside of the building, faxing to 507-237-4031, mailing to Po Box 237 Gaylord MN 55334, or emailing to ContactPHHS@co.sibley.mn.us (include case number in subject line). Please call 507-237-4000 if you have questions or concerns.
- Courts – OPEN Court Administration will continue with scheduled cases ONLY! For pending cases please check with Court Administration to confirm placement in the schedule
- Court Administration - Court documents from self-represented litigants will be accepted via alternative means, such as:
- US Postal Mail: PO Box 867, Gaylord, MN 55334
- Fax at 507-237-4062 (Please note, fax filing fees may apply)
- Email at: 1stSibleyTraffic@courts.state.mn.us
- e-Filing (See www.mncourts.gov/selfhelp for information pertaining to e-Filing, Guide & File and court forms)
- For emergency filings such as restraining orders, please call 507-237-4058 for immediate assistance during our regular business hours (8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.)
- Self-represented litigants may also contact the Statewide Self-Help Center at 651-435-6535 or for information or assistance regarding legal services and procedures.”
- Licensing Center – CLOSED and unable to process license and titles until further notice.
- Modified jail visitation schedule – No public visitation until further notice
- Sibley County Probate Clients - DO NOT ENTER the Sibley County Courthouse. We are temporarily suspending all in person Reporting Days and office visits that are held in the Gaylord DOC/Court Services office. Please call your agent to check in in lieu of face to face visits. Feel free to call our office at 507-237-4097 if you have any questions.
- Fully operational during its normal hours of operation from 6:30am to 5:30pm on weekdays. The buses are cleaned and disinfected regularly to protect the public and to provide customers with a pleasant experience. Rides can be scheduled by calling 1-888-743-3828 between 6:00am and 6:00pm on weekdays.
- Saturday, April 18th – Household hazardous waste collection in St. Peter from 9 to 2 is canceled.
- Thursday, May 7th – Household hazardous waste collection in Montgomery from 10 to 4 is canceled.
- Thursday, May 14th – Household hazardous waste collection in Arlington from 10 to 4 is canceled.
- Information regarding Tire/Electronics/Appliances collections will be posted when available.