COVID-19 Slow The Spread
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public place or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or use the inside of your elbow.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
The CDC recommends postponing and canceling:
- Events where 50 people or more would gather, including but not limited to:
- Professional, college, and school performances or sporting events.
- Other types of assemblies.
- Smaller events (fewer than 50 people) that are held in crowded auditoriums, rooms, or other venues that do not allow social distancing of 6 feet per person.
- Events with more than 10 people where the majority of participants are at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19, including gatherings such as those at:
- Retirement facilities.
- Assisted living facilities.
- Developmental homes.
- Support groups for people with health conditions.
MDH has posted strategies to slow the spread of COVID-19 .
Want More Information?
If you have further questions regarding COVID-19, there are a number of links listed below. Also, the Minnesota Department of Health has a public hotline available from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. The hotline number is 651-201-3920 or 1-800-657-3903. This hotline is for informational purposes; for emergency medical attention, dial 911.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Minnesota Department of Health (MDH)
Strategies to Slow the Spread of COVID-19 in Minnesota
“How to Protect Yourself.”
Coronavirus Disease 2019